POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MegaPOV HDRI tests... : Re: MegaPOV HDRI tests... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV HDRI tests...
From: Jaap
Date: 25 Mar 2005 14:15:00
Message: <web.42446229ce13eb4ba8399d8d0@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
> differenced toruses. But I thought then that it would be really slow to
> use your isothread with my "micronormals" texture... well, looking at it
> now, max_gradient is only 2... perhaps I should try? ;)

your texture is very nice!

I did some speed experiments with that iso (4 separate iso's, instead of
using a
lot of Max(..) Min(..) in the function, etc), but i can't remember witch was
the
best. if the thread is only a small part of your image, it's not to bad,
because
the bounding box can be very tight around the thread.
the source also includes a full list of official thread dimensions for
M3..M64.
(i was going to use it for povcomp)

source of all thread iso experiments:
jwstolk.afreehost.net/parts.pov.gz