POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Villarceau Artifacts : Villarceau Artifacts Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:27:05 EDT (-0400)
  Villarceau Artifacts
From: Ben
Date: 18 Mar 2005 04:15:02
Message: <web.423a990a12e23d98ec12ceb00@news.povray.org>
So I was very impressed by Tor's "Villarceau Circles" in the hall of fame
section, and since the source was kindly made available I decided to render
a large version for my desktop (1280x960). It took a while (~18h) to render
but I was delighted with the result...

..... until I noticed the weird grey artifacts, that is. I've highlighted a
few of the more obvious ones in the detail images below. Does anyone have
any ideas why they appeared and how I can prevent them? I can repair some
of them by retouching the image in Paint, but that seems a rather cludgy
solution (and obviously doesn't work for some areas of the image) - I'd
rather re-run the render with a fixed setting.

Render settings 1280x960, radiosity and photon settings unchanged from Tor's
source file, +A0.3, POV-ray 3.6 for Windows.

Cheers!

--
Ben

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'copy 2 of villarceau.png' (514 KB)

Preview of image 'copy 2 of villarceau.png'
copy 2 of villarceau.png