POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Niagara WIP Deck Test : Re: Niagara WIP Deck Test Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Niagara WIP Deck Test
From: Chris
Date: 14 Mar 2005 15:45:00
Message: <web.4235f681a9a49d95999befe70@news.povray.org>
Tim,
   I had a chance to tour the USS Constellation in Baltimore last fall. The
deck planks ranged from light gray to almost white and if I remember right,
the grain was fairly long, tight and straight, very much what you might
expect
from old growth wood. I don't know if the current deck used oak or some
other wood. Also, the peg pattern of the decking doesn't seem right either,
but I have a number of references at home that discuss a variety of deck
planking schemes, so who can tell for sure. Otherwise, your model is
looking great. Are you going to add the ropes to the cannon as well ? If
so, if you can get to a real ship such as the Constellation, all the
better. There seems to be a lot involved to rigging these guns.

Keep up the good work,
Chris Holtorf