POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Niagara WIP Deck Test : Niagara WIP Deck Test Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Niagara WIP Deck Test
From: Tim McMurdo
Date: 14 Mar 2005 13:25:01
Message: <web.4235d6d4243dbb34acb32c570@news.povray.org>
This model is a test platform that I use for developing new methods,
textures, etc. for the Niagara. I find that it is much faster to do my
development on this limited platfom first and then transport the code into
the larger Niagara files.

Today's test is for a new plank macro using the isowood.inc files. I have
mixed feelings about the oak texture of the wood. I read in all of the
books about the gleaming white decks on naval sailing ships. Evidently they
were scrubbed daily with holly stones to clean them and make them white.
However, on the sailing ships I have actually visited, all the decks are
weathered grey. If there are any knowledgeable sailors out there, I would
love to know what color they should be. Do we just nolonger scrub decks
with stones and leave them to weather? How light in color should the
texture be?

The loops of rope on the belaying pins are from a previous test, so please
pay them no attention.

Thanks,

Tim

Post a reply to this message