POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface self shadow? : Re: Isosurface self shadow? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface self shadow?
From: Mienai
Date: 10 Mar 2005 13:40:00
Message: <web.423093d6e6da3c075824183b0@news.povray.org>
Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:
> I think you'll have to tell us the formula that you're using for the
> isosurface. I guess it's not a conventional f_sphere() or {x*x + y*y +
> z*z - R*R} because they don't do that, and they render quickly with
> .00001 accuracy.
>
> --
> Mike Williams
> Gentleman of Leisure

Right now it's not any particular function, there's a few of them but the
all appear to exibit the same problem.  For the image I posted it is just a
f_sphere() and while on it's own doen't take much time with the greater
accuracy, if I start to modify it with something like f_agate() and give it
some reflection as well the render starts to become encumbersome.