POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : my sphere on checker... : Re: my sphere on checker... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:26:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: my sphere on checker...
From: X-Caliber
Date: 9 Mar 2005 21:00:00
Message: <web.422fa980547504b4e6ef12d50@news.povray.org>
"bancquart.sebastien" <ban### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:
> Thanks for your advices.
>
> By the way, I understood my error : cos and sin function work in radian, not
> in degrees.
> Modifying this in my script gives something much better, without any
> intersections.

Wrapping the sin() and cos() functions like degrees(cos(radians( foo )))
blew the sphere spheres so far out they became stars. :-)

I just figured out while loops though, maybe its beyond me for the moment.

Heres an animgif of my fixing attempt. (no intersections though!)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sphereonchecker.gif' (80 KB)

Preview of image 'sphereonchecker.gif'