POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC POV-Ray Bonus? : Re: IRTC POV-Ray Bonus? Server Time
2 May 2024 12:37:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC POV-Ray Bonus?
From: Renderdog
Date: 1 Mar 2005 17:15:01
Message: <web.4224e82cea4b740db8a63dd50@news.povray.org>
"The Mad Hatter" <the### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I think some users dont like the fact that other users may use some of their
> raw files.  I couldn't care less myself, as if someone thinks my work is
> worth using (stealing?) then I would only feel happy that someone thinks my
> work is worth while!

There are situations where people would like to keep their models and
methods to themselves, and I understand that. But, for the most part,
we are not competing against each other (this could be the best
argument *against* a bonus prize :-) and sharing code helps everyone.

I'm like you; I'd be proud if someone used a part of my code to create
something that earned them money or acclaim. I purposely do not
put copyright notices in my code. If someone uses my code "as
is" for a prominent part of their image, it would be nice if they'd let
me know, but I don't see it as a requirement.