POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC POV-Ray Bonus? : Re: IRTC POV-Ray Bonus? Server Time
2 May 2024 18:35:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC POV-Ray Bonus?
From: Renderdog
Date: 27 Feb 2005 12:45:01
Message: <web.422206dbea4b740d8168f6a00@news.povray.org>
Mad Hatter,

I've not heard of any fraudulent images in the IRTC recently so I
don't think it would be a problem, especially since I wouldn't be
awarding the bonus until a month after the images are available
for review.

Generally a properly compressed 250k jpeg doesn't have a lot of
compression artifacts and it does allow slower connections to
browse the gallery. I could be wrong but I don't think the IRTC is
hurting for additional server power right now.