POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POVmobile, model CSG : Re: POVmobile, model CSG Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:07:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVmobile, model CSG
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 23 Feb 2005 15:15:00
Message: <web.421ce23452802cc999a684e60@news.povray.org>
Very impressive modelling with primitives!

> Would it be better to subtract the cut-outs from
> each elementary shape rather than one big union
> group from another big one?

Maybe. The unions should only include objects that will be affected by the
subtraction. Try to isolate the CSG operation to the exact location
where its needed. If you're asking whether or not to split up the unions
completely, I'm not sure. Maybe it will render faster.

Regards,
Hugo