POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Niagara WIP : Niagara WIP Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:00:08 EDT (-0400)
  Niagara WIP
From: Tim McMurdo
Date: 22 Feb 2005 16:15:01
Message: <web.421ba0531f15172f6e93bf990@news.povray.org>
As promised, here is a new image standing on the deck looking aft.

1. The Sail is just a place holder as I was not happy with the first one and
am re-modelling it using the cloth sim in MegaPov.

2.This does not reflect the texure changes to the rigging that I have
started working on and posted earlier in the week. I hope to have that work
completed before the weekend.

3. It is interesting to look at this and recognize the early work with poor
textures and sharp corners.

I hope this answers the questions about how detailed I was modelling the
ship. I am modelling at a scale of 1 POV unit = 1mm. I then scale the model
down for use in the scenery. Everything is 100% POV SDL/CSG with the
exception of the sails coming from MegaPOV and the hull which is created
with Hama Patch.

Tim

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'niagara-wip-022205.jpg' (290 KB)

Preview of image 'niagara-wip-022205.jpg'
niagara-wip-022205.jpg