POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug with POV-Ray? : Re: Bug with POV-Ray? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug with POV-Ray?
From: echohunter
Date: 22 Feb 2005 07:30:00
Message: <web.421b24b52bef48087db5b4d0@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <JUSTTHELOWERCASE:timISNOTnikias(at)gmx.netWARE> wrote:
> I'm running the POV-Ray for Windows Version 3.6.1a on Win2000.
>
> Do the following:
> 1. Create a folder and in it, create a pov-ray file.
> 2. Open the file in POV-Ray.
> 3. Close POV-Ray.
> 4. Delete the folder along with the file.
> 5. Open POV-Ray.
>
> This crashes POV-Ray for me. Any others?
>
> When you just delete the file, POV-Ray will open an empty one, but when the
> folder is gone too, POV-Ray doesn't seem to know what to do.
>
> --
> "Tim Nikias v2.0"
> Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>

Hi, Had the problem of persistent crashing of POVRAY during startup.
Probably also a deleted folder problem. Reinstalled POVRAY -> no effect.
Deleted all (to be sure) keys containing file paths in registry (exact
location below) -> now everything o.k.

Apparently it is necessary to close all open files in the Editor before
changing their location!

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/POV_Ray/v3.6/POV-Edit/open

-EH