POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Seer : Re: The Seer Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:29:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Seer
From: Renderdog
Date: 21 Feb 2005 17:35:01
Message: <web.421a6157b6dec0f2a8031b3a0@news.povray.org>
Already a beautiful image, that sky is just incredible.

FWIW...

Technically, the only problem I see is the metal parts
seem a little like plastic, maybe need more metal/shiny
appearance. The ground also appears somewhat smooth,
the rocks are all rounded (especially in the foreground
and to the right) and the same color as the dirt, but it's
an alien planet so that could be explained; also, using a
simple pallet for the surface could be an artistic choice.

The screen lighting her face is an excellent idea/effect.
In fact, I'd eliminate all the colorful items in the wreckage
so it stands out even more, or maybe lean those parts
toward red (or some other single color) since you already
have the blue sky and green screen.

Looking at the image it seems she has crashed and is
consulting some mechanism that has survived the crash. The
first thing I thought is any future spacefaring technology
would have flat screens, not a tube as appears in her hands.

The other thing I thought is she appears unscathed, so likely
there is an escape pod or a statis capsule in which she
survived the impact. The size and curve of the metal beams
leads me to believe the ship was large and mostly demolished.
Of course, likely her escape pod is far away, but for some
reason I'd like to see it.

Her wind-blow hair looks very good, very realistic. The band
around her waist looks out of place compared to the otherwise
very good and realistic uniform top.

Hope this helps,
Mark