POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sphere sweep woes : Sphere sweep woes Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:29:46 EDT (-0400)
  Sphere sweep woes
From: Tim McMurdo
Date: 21 Feb 2005 13:10:00
Message: <web.421a232e37040aacb32c570@news.povray.org>
Back to modelling on the ship. I was referencing some photos of actual ships
rigging when I noticed that rope comes in many shades depending on the wear
and age of the rope (I am guessing). SO I thought I would revisit the macro
that piles loops of rope on the belaying pins and have it vary the shade of
the rope randomly withing a given range. That seems to work out pretty
well, however...I don't like the fact that the texture does not follow the
sphere sweep, but is applied to the entire sphere sweep after the fact. I
can not find a fix for this in the documents. Does anybody know if there is
a fix?

Tim

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: