POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kinetic and Lamp : Re: Kinetic and Lamp Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kinetic and Lamp
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 20 Feb 2005 10:15:00
Message: <web.4218a830278a26b1999fca7c0@news.povray.org>
Nice work, but you're not quite there yet.  :-)

Rather than using clumsy words, I google'd to find a few photos that might
inspire you:

http://www.fotosearch.fr/bigcomps/phd/PHD260/SS12014.jpg
http://www.ashlingdesigns.com/ducks.html
http://www.allfunkystuff.net/images/Images%20Lamp/disneyprincess.jpg

Notice the lampshade materials. There are many other types of materials, of
course. These photos aren't the best, but I suggest you keep working a
little on your lampshade because its going to carry the scene anyway. Its
the lamp, people will notice first. Its the brightest object, its large,
and its almost in front of the camera. Well, I have never seen a lampshade
with such a "perfect" diffusion, like in your picture. I can't see the bulb
at all. Such diffusion may be perfect in a sense, but not particulary
interesting.

I also found another photo that has a really nice mood, perhaps you can use
it for something. Notice the beautiful light properties and the wood
structure.

http://www.itchy-animation.co.uk/tutorials/03-candles.jpg

I also think your camera location is a little odd. Its straight forward
which is a rather uncommon choice for a scene like this (unless you're
lying in bed?) Think: What is the purpose here? What am I trying to show
off? Currently your camera almost "hides" the scene, because it reduces the
feeling of depth. Also, the shape of the lamp is difficult to recognise
when it appears so asymmetric.

Good luck!  :-)

Regards,
Hugo