POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Problem with large scenes : Re: Problem with large scenes Server Time
28 Jun 2024 21:28:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with large scenes
From: Youp
Date: 16 Feb 2005 08:10:02
Message: <web.42134589f0ef05bf86e95bb0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Youp <you### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> > Switching from an union to a switch, I have removed per-triangle textures
> > (and textures transformation).
>
>   AFAIK if the per-triangle texture was using a pre-declared texture, then
> it doesn't take any additional space at all (in other words, a triangle will
> have space allocated for a texture pointer anyways, regardless of whether
> it really uses a texture or not).

In fact, there was a texture transformation (scale) that made the parsing
unhappy.
So, I have made a global texture (with its transform) for the mesh.
I have to admit, that I am more a beginner than anything else in povray. I
have 3D basics (a little more in fact, since I am playing with 3D APIs :) )
but, some things are not always clear to adapt to povray (the way textures
are managed for example, that differs from the way they are in OpenGL or
J3D).
I guess I need some training...