POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : molecular orbitals : Re: molecular orbitals Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:30:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: molecular orbitals
From: Shurakai
Date: 15 Feb 2005 12:25:02
Message: <web.421230045bba95326b3522e90@news.povray.org>
"Topper" <gho### [at] gmxnet> wrote:

> output data (*.pov). unfortunately, the orbitals look more than a polygon
> than orbitals, as you can see in the attached picture...does anybody know
> how to solve this problem? thanks!

Hi Topper,

it looks like the resolution of the mesh of Your orbitals isn't high enough
to get a smooth result. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with MOLDEN. Can You
increase the triangle in the grid to get a better result. Maybe You can use
Hyperchem, Spartan or another software to export the structure including
the orbitals with a higher resolution.

Shu.