POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First image; Parallell universes : Re: First image; Parallell universes Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:30:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First image; Parallell universes
From: helge h
Date: 14 Feb 2005 08:50:00
Message: <web.4210ab3d695bdcc0ea506de40@news.povray.org>
Thanks a lot for your comments, they make me feel welcome here.

I should have been more precise about the persons: they *are* photographs,
just pasted onto the POVray image in Photoshop Elements, and the shadows are
painted in manually.

Thanks for the tip on using emission and absorption for the spotlights,
Slime; I will look into it. It's a lot to learn at first, I haven't read
those pages in the manual yet, I think. (And the reference to Gilles Tran
is very kind of you, but out of place imo; I have a long way to go yet.)

John: sorry to disappoint you, but there are noe reflections on the bottom
of the spheres (if I understand you correctly); just specular light from a
spot below. The water at the bottom of the image does have reflection,
however. I had to increase the reflected light a bit in Photoshop Elements.

Marc: yes, the photos were done on purpose; I made the composition with
POVray first, then made a sketch of where the persons should be and then
took the photos. There is one person on each sphere, but the smallest ones
are hard to see on this image; I made a larger version first (20 x 30 cm at
200 ppi), and scaled it down for this forum.