POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : tracking simulation : Re: tracking simulation Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tracking simulation
From: Przemek Loesch
Date: 11 Feb 2005 09:55:01
Message: <web.420cc65694b2d6c1b0aac12c0@news.povray.org>
"Lance Birch" <-> wrote:

> If that is what you are trying to do, then the discrepancy probably is caused by
> your camera definition in POV-Ray.  You will need to check the specifications
> for the lens of your camera so that you can determine what settings should be
> used in POV-Ray to simulate your real camera's field of view and focal length.

Also it seems that the "real" camera gives a little spherical projection. It
is something between normal and spherical POV camera. Probably it will be
rather hard to reconstruct this kind of view. But if you want to go any
further I suggest to start from matching both cameras exactly one to
another. Either you can try to add a converter which makes image aspherical
or you may try to experiment with transformation matrix for POV camera. It
looks like the camera produces projection on a spherical surface but the
focus is not in the center of the sphere but closer to the surface.
I'm not sure if I make myself clear, but look at your picture taken from the
camera and you will see that all edges are not straight. It is obvious that
they can't match the image rendered with a normal camera type from POVRay.

Przemek