POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Venice building : Re: Venice building Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:41:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Venice building
From: Renderdog
Date: 5 Feb 2005 10:00:01
Message: <web.4204df49f291ec4837847cec0@news.povray.org>
"Marc Jacquier" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:
> I'm full of admiration for people like you (and Tim Mc Murdo as well) who
> can stay focused on a long planned project as yours.
> I become fed up with an image after less than 2 months though I come back
> working on old scenes time to time.

Of course just because I'm taking forever doesn't make it good;
some of your work are my favorite POV-Ray images of all time.
My favorites:
http://marc.jacquier.free.fr/Atoll.htm (I can't believe it didn't win!)
http://marc.jacquier.free.fr/cuisine.htm

One thing that makes my project manageable is I can divide it
into smaller parts easily. But that also gives me an opportunity
for procrastination. I spent almost a year worrying about how
to draw a gondola when I should've just dived in!

Someone else asked how long I've been working on this, I'm
afraid it's getting close to three years now (taking Spring and
Summer off for bike racing). What surprises me is it hasn't
changed much from my original sketch. Maybe that's vision,
maybe just stubbornness :-).

> BTW I was deeply touched by your "Innocent shadow"

Innocent Shadow does evoke a strong reaction and I was very
happy about that. I made sure I could re-use the elements for
Venice, though one Japanese writer mentioned it looks more
European than Japanese, which is true.

> Keep up the excellent work.

Thanks, everyone, for the encouragement!