POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Venice building : Re: Venice building Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:34:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Venice building
From: Przemek Loesch
Date: 4 Feb 2005 04:05:01
Message: <web.42033a74f291ec48b0aac12c0@news.povray.org>
"Renderdog" <slo### [at] hiwaaynet> wrote:

> Hi Przemek,
>
> Thanks for you comments. The perspective *is* rather extreme,
> and I'm still debating whether to stick with the 1-point or go
> to a 2-point perspective.

If it is intended to look like an old painting the orthographic version is
surely the best one. As I said I like this little unreal look and this is
what helps to make the specific charm. Many people will say this must be an
old painting - no way a computer-made picture :-)
Anyway setting the camera will be probably a nice play comparing to your
effort to model the whole scene. I hope you will render many different
views (both looking realistic and painting like) of your beautiful scene.

Przemek