POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : 3.6.1 won't compile for me on OSX : Re: 3.6.1 won't compile for me on OSX Server Time
2 Jul 2024 22:01:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.6.1 won't compile for me on OSX
From: popov
Date: 3 Feb 2005 13:50:00
Message: <web.420271701d86abe7e0309d820@news.povray.org>
> popov wrote:
> >>Actually, it is not.  It generates plenty of completely bogus warnings.
> >>Only inexperienced people compile with all warnings enabled.
> >
> > This is really plain wrong!
>
> No, it just shows you have no experience with advanced C++ and using
> multiple compilers to compile the same source code.
>
>  Thorsten

So you suggest not to turn warnings on?
This means not to realize them. Most warnings are indeed just warnings (and
some might be bogus). However there might be warnings indicating some
really serious problem. Your code may run but the results may not be
correct.

And sometimes it happens that compiler A does not realize the problem but
compiler B does realize it. Compiling with different compilers and looking
to all warnings is some kind of quality assurance.

But wait, why do I tell this. You have so much experience...