POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Help With Textures... Or Lighting... Or Something! : Help With Textures... Or Lighting... Or Something! Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Help With Textures... Or Lighting... Or Something!
From: Cyrano
Date: 30 Jan 2005 07:10:00
Message: <web.41fcce68725ef1d6cb39bb1b0@news.povray.org>
I have been trying to render the "Thai Statue" from the Stanford 3D Scanning
Repository (http://graphics.stanford.edu/data/3Dscanrep) and have been
failing miserably.

Attached is a portion of the statue with the default "insert finish"
properties (You REALLY don't want to see some of my initial attempts at
finding a better texture!) I am looking for suggestions concerning better
textures, lighting, etc to bring out the details and make the statue more
photorealistic.

I apologize in advance for such a vague and fuzzy request.

Thanks.

Cyrano

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'statuette midsection.jpg' (30 KB)

Preview of image 'statuette midsection.jpg'
statuette midsection.jpg