POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Rules violations? : Re: Rules violations? Server Time
5 May 2024 04:53:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rules violations?
From: The Mad Hatter
Date: 18 Jan 2005 17:25:01
Message: <web.41ed8bd6a5a3c6454c6afc5d0@news.povray.org>
Every professional contest not only allows color correction, but expects it.
 Those who don't get automaticaly flagged as being a newbie.  I believe the
reason irtc is so against most post processing, is because as mentioned,
too many of the people enetring just don't bother to read the rules.  Every
time I vote I see numours violations, not to mention outright copyright
infringements and fraud.

Perhaps we should open the rules for more artistic freedom nevertheless.
People will still not bother to read the rules or cheat no matter how much
you bring it to attention.  Why should the pros suffer?  After all, I see a
lot of people are upset at the quality degrading in the irtc.  I think it
is time we stop the great artists from running off to the other groups.