POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : pre-city : Re: pre-city Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pre-city
From: gregjohn
Date: 6 Jan 2005 13:30:00
Message: <web.41dd82b2cde650323a5fb9ba0@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
> The sci-fi look is very good, and the lighting can be great with more
> rad quality. What I'm missing the most is some "access" to the
> structure, like doors or steps, and also some columns or beams to
> support the floors.
>
> --
> Jaime

Q: What rad setting would be the magic bullet for quality?

I updated it a bit more at:
http://pterandon.blogspot.com/2005/01/trying-to-add-some-scifi-like-settings.html

I wanted it to make perfectly believable in each level (x-z plane and Y unit
cell) to be some kind of living quarters, with an outer living room area
and sleeping quarters (and elevator) on the inside.   I do in fact want to
keep it a mystery in the N * y axis:  as to how or why there are so many
individual levels, where it ends, how the whole thing is supported.  There
is supposed to be a glass cylindrical window around the whole thing, and
perhaps this isn't as well represented.  It might make sense to "support"
the windows if constructed as arcs of cylinders, even as I bristle at
explaining the Y any better.

Thanks for the interest everyone.

Greg