POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Human skin : SSS and faking method : Re: Human skin : SSS and faking method Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Human skin : SSS and faking method
From: Rene Bui
Date: 6 Jan 2005 03:35:01
Message: <web.41dcf771422926ef9cc1eaf50@news.povray.org>
On the other hand, I've tried to make my own faked sss method.
I've used aoi (angle of incidence) pattern and shadow_pigment.
Aoi pattern is available in MLPov 0.8 and Megapov 1.1.
Shadow_pigment is only a MLPov 0.8  feature (I think).

I must say that Gilles had used aoi yet within Cinema4D :
http://www.oyonale.com/histoire/images/vicky3_hdri_C4D2.jpg
and a faked aoi using a slope map in Pov3.5 :
http://www.oyonale.com/ldc/images/grandrue_est_bleu_detail1.jpg

Here is my before-after image. It's seems she took a DHEA pill !
The head is always my old-first-not-really-good Wings figure. I use it as a
guinea-pig ..(is it the correct word in English ?)
There are 2 bluish area_lights.

Rene
(the old newbie)

Post a reply to this message