POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TRON Lightcycles : Re: TRON Lightcycles Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TRON Lightcycles
From: Carl
Date: 3 Jan 2005 10:05:00
Message: <web.41d95e1e69111b03a54c62600@news.povray.org>
Thanks everyone. By the way, I discovered a small mistake in the code I had
posted. It's now fixed incase you haven't downloaded the code yet. If you
have all I have changed is the two places I had:

Shear_Trans(0.866025*x-0.5*y, y, z)

I replaced it with:

Shear_Trans(x-0.57735*y, y, z)

This cutout for the rear fender should have extended into the bike 86 units
to avoid intersecting the rear tire. The first transformation above only
extended it 86*0.866025 units or just over 74 units into the bike.

Sorry I didn't catch that before I posted the code.

Enjoy,
Carl