POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Assign Light Source to Object - How? : Re: Assign Light Source to Object - How? Server Time
24 May 2024 16:09:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Assign Light Source to Object - How?
From: Espresso-Outfitters com
Date: 31 Dec 2004 01:10:00
Message: <web.41d4ec27a0beeb2bc7495a470@news.povray.org>
"Greyfang" <gre### [at] mechdropzonecom> wrote:
> Hi again.  One thing I have never figured out in Moray is how to assign a
> light source to an object like you can in SDL.  I have read the documents
> and I am trying not to be lazy about it, and I've played around in Moray,
> but I can't figure this one out....

A quick and dirty away of doing it is to create a Union composed of an
object using T_Green_Glass for the objects texture and a pointlight placed
within it, with a little tweaking on the light, it will glow......  I
suppose you can experiement with different textures as well, but have found
glass to react best.