POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wings question : Re: Wings question Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:39:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wings question
From: stm31415
Date: 20 Dec 2004 18:55:00
Message: <web.41c7661cc3b2553c52eaff8f0@news.povray.org>
"Bryan Valencia" <pov### [at] spamgourmetcom> wrote:
> First, the POV Exporter is a plugin that I can't use - WINZIP says it's a
> bad tar file (I always new tar was bad for me).
> Second, it seems to like creating various Popsicle-hedrons, which look
> nothing like the "cool-spaceship-ahedron" I have in my head. Is there a
> tutorial I'm missing here?

First of all, you open the .tar file with wings. That is explained with the
download/installation readme, I think, but I don't remember correctly.

Second of all, using wings takes a little practice. I really got going after
reading every tutorial I could find after typing 'wings 3d tutorial' into
google.
You'll get it, it's got a pretty smooth learning curve.

Finally, Povray.binaries.images was probably not the best place for this
one. Utilities might have been better, but frankly I'm not that great at
finding the right group myself.

-s
5TF!