POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Post : Re: First Post Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:40:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First Post
From: ohnobinki
Date: 19 Dec 2004 12:35:00
Message: <web.41c5ba98a69f2e3763d9ed220@news.povray.org>
"Steve Jones" <pov### [at] squaregoldfishcouk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A first post from me. It has a sphere, it has reflection, but it doesn't
> have a checkered plane. Still, two out of three ain't bad (as Meatloaf once
> said), and it does have a weird cross thing to make up for it.
>
> It's a bit minimalist, almost surrealist even, and there's probably not much
> to comment on. But do so if you wish - I'm open to any feedback you may
> have.
>
> Steve.

how did you make that weird cross thing?
is it just texture mapped or a simple color_map of some sort?
( this is also my first post )
also, do you know what causes the green plane to have areas of lighter to
darker green instead of a nice smooth transition?
i don't know what to call it and would like to know if there is anything in
the documentation about it, or what it is called so i can do a search on
it.