POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ship + UV : Re: Ship + UV Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:37:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ship + UV
From: m1j
Date: 17 Dec 2004 13:55:00
Message: <web.41c32a89c56d11a9ed196ef10@news.povray.org>
"Loki" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "m1j" <mik### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > I am learning to do UV mapping. I am not happy with the programs I have.
> >
> > I only get to work on this ever once in a while.
>
> I'm trying to do something with UV mapping too but I'm having a terrible
> time of it.  Could you describe your method briefly please?

> -

I am not sure if I can say I actually have a good method.
I used UV Editor with Lightwave modeler to create a cylinder based UV map.
It did allow me to put the dirt marks in place but I have not been able to
put undistorted text on the surface. The logo and text in place now are
planer mapped with scaling to make it look right.

I am guessing I am going to have to position each point where I want it to
be. None of the UV programs seems to build the polygons to proportion. Like
you, I am in search of a UV mapping/editing program that works like I want
it to. I am even contemplating writing one.