POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Museum WIP : Re: Museum WIP Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Museum WIP
From: stm31415
Date: 14 Dec 2004 09:00:00
Message: <web.41bef0edeffdac8e5ca080ef0@news.povray.org>
Thierry CHARLES <thi### [at] les-charlesnospamnet> wrote:

> Haaaaaaa :) realy better with AA ! now I can see details ... the floor
> bump is very nice :) ... I won't tell you about coincident surfaces as
> you allready know it, but if you take a look at your two characters, it
> looks like their feet pierce the balcony :-/ (a black thing near the
> wall under the balcony).

Ooh. Looks like it must be a radiosity artifact; I see what you mean, so I
just did a super-quick render to make sure, and they do appear to be
solidly ON the balcony. I'll have to watch that corner, though.

> Another thing is that the wall under the balcony seems to have no
> thickness, but this might be due to the IOR.

A friend of mine noticed this, too. The edge of the display case matches up
perfectly with the edge of the image. I didn't mean to do this, but it
happened, so I left it that way. Looks like I'll have to bump my view over
a touch.

-S
5TF!