POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Speaker : Re: Speaker Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaker
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 12 Dec 2004 18:55:01
Message: <web.41bcda3317a60fa4ba17f4dc0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

> I made some progress since my last shot

You certainly did!  :-)  You're right it's too bright for a "black" cabinet
but I must say, I like it anyway.

> still no luck with blurred reflections,
> it took a lot of time to render and
> it didn't look metallic :(

Some metal gives clean and sharp reflections. This isn't unrealistic. But
it's difficult to guide you in any direction when I don't know what "look"
you're after...

> woops, I forgot to set the sticker's
> final settings. it's pure black.

Reminds me of a glassy material. Adds nice contrast. Looks good! By the way,
this rendering suffers a little from low-quality Anti-Alias. Are you going
to bump-up the settings for the next render?

For example:  +AM2 +A0.1 +R2 -J

Or if you want perfection that will guarantee smooth, thin lines: +AM2 +A0.0
+R2 -J

Regards,
Hugo