POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Speaker : Re: Speaker Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaker
From: Alex
Date: 12 Dec 2004 18:25:01
Message: <web.41bcd31a17a60fa4e60059f90@news.povray.org>
well, well... I made some progress since my last shot, I wasn't going to
post until I had something decent, but I got all excited and couldn't
resist :)

I added a few more details to the speaker, tuned all the textures, set
assumed_gamma to 1.0, put some area lights, remove radiosity, tweaked the
fade values of lights, and suddenly this image appeared on my screen. Hehe
it's way too bright with fancy contrast.

but there's something about the image texture that looks nice, it's almost
black & white, grainy and overburned. you can see all the details in it

you know, it's nice to play with lights without radiosity, it gives me more
control over the look of the image... once I get something nice without
radiosity, I'll start playing with it.. but for now I like the way it's
going...

still no luck with blurred reflections, it took a lot of time to render and
it didn't look metallic :(

woops, I forgot to set the sticker's final settings. it's pure black.

thank you all for the suggestions, it really helped.

I'll keep posting later...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'testing sony no radiosity gamma 1.png' (334 KB)

Preview of image 'testing sony no radiosity gamma 1.png'
testing sony no radiosity gamma 1.png