POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Catacombs [WIP] Area II : Re: Catacombs [WIP] Area II Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:11:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Catacombs [WIP] Area II
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 12 Dec 2004 00:40:00
Message: <web.41bbd8aa3553aafc8a85f6810@news.povray.org>
JS <no### [at] spammersallowed> wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 11:36:37 -0500, Anthony D. Baye wrote:
>
> > Just a quick proof of concept for my Catacombs project.  The entrance will
> > be hidden from the other side, making this a sort of Bolt hole. It's
> > intended to be a sewer (Or I might make it an aquaduct, I haven't really
> > decided.)
> >
> > As always comments and suggestions are welcome. (which is to say
> > encouraged)
> >
> > ADB
>
> The pillars need to be moved towards the walls a little. Now they extend
> a few centimeters over the hole, which doesn't look right.

Actually, the pillars are right where they need to be in order to support
the Vault.  The channel is simply 3 inches too wide.  I fix this problem in
revision 2.

> Otherwise, it's a nice concept - I never realized that one could use
> Povray to illustrate dungeons. In hindsight, it's obvious...

Thanx.  Most of my work is indoor scenes.  this isn't actually a dungeon,
I'm currently angling toward "Labyrinth".  Although I haven't yet come up
with any better reason for why the arcitecture is so nice other than that
was the way I wanted it.  I'll figure out the story behind it later.

ADB