POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snow-on-Tree Macro : Re: Better view on the tree Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Better view on the tree
From: stm31415
Date: 10 Dec 2004 17:15:00
Message: <web.41ba1f6884f68877df706a580@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <JUSTTHELOWERCASE:timISNOTnikias(at)gmx.netWARE> wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Should I just layer several layers
> of snow on top of each other, but from various directions?

That is what I meant. i.e a LOT of points from the top, a bunch from the
main wind direction, and a few from a third direction, jut to get a little
variagation rather than solid snow on one side and none on the other. BUT--
> That aside, my idea was that the current macro just produces *all* points on
> a surface pointing towards a certain direction, removing some points and
> adding details - like places where snow accumulates and grows to small piles
> against walls and such - is planned to be implemented with macros which
> build upon the gathered surface-data.

This would, obviously, be even better. I was just trying to thing of a quick
way to make it a little less harsh/sharply one sided.

Awesome, though. This two-pass method ought to work with a lot of different
applications.

-s
5TF!