POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wood Texture Advice : Wood Texture Advice Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Wood Texture Advice
From: Loki
Date: 9 Dec 2004 12:15:00
Message: <web.41b8871e5b3011fd6c47ab10@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to create a wooden floor.  Sounds easy, but from a self-education
point of view I'd like to do the texturing from scratch.  Wondering if
anyone has any tips on this.  Here's an image of the texture as I have it
at the moment. (forgive the 'reflective ball and checkered plane' approach,
the cliche is intentional!)  Can anyone suggest anything to make this more
realistic looking?  It is very simple currently, using just a single layer
of a wood pigment.  The only trick I've used is that I've made a macro to
produce a kind of scale-free turbulence using multiple warps at different
scales, because I figure wood, being a natural thing, has a kind of
scale-free fractal structure to it.  Parts of it work pretty well I think,
but then other bits don't.  Advice?

-

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: