POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Galaxy Of Talent : Re: Galaxy Of Talent Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Galaxy Of Talent
From: Loki
Date: 7 Dec 2004 15:00:00
Message: <web.41b60aebc73e0d0841ff36a70@news.povray.org>
"Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <spa### [at] raf256com> wrote:
> also, the spheres could be places in SDL loop using rand_gauss thingy.

Well this wasn't intended as an image actually, I was fiddling with a random
network - I was wondering what the likely distribution of data traffic
would be in a future galaxy-wide internet.  I produced a galaxy-ish
distribution with links organised depending on distance between points and
some clustering, but I got sidetracked and abandoned the model in favour of
rendering the random distribution ;)  The distribution was produced in C++
in this case, but you're right, I could have used the SDL random stream to
produce something indistinguishable.  I would have, but I actually had the
data set hanging around before I thought of doing the image.

Glad you like it though.

-