POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : povray 3.6.1 and Mac OS-X : Re: povray 3.6.1 and Mac OS-X Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:03:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray 3.6.1 and Mac OS-X
From: chris morgan
Date: 5 Dec 2004 22:50:00
Message: <web.41b3d63edf8ab43170217cea0@news.povray.org>
Hi Paul,

I am interested in how you were able to successfully compile the command
line version.  I have tried several times on two different machines.

On both of my machines (both G4s) it seems to go through the process just
fine and once even completed the "make check" but when it is finished  with
the "make install" I still get a message whenever I type the povray command
that says:

tcsh: povray: Command not found.

I am running OS X 10.3.6 with Xcode 1.5 including the November GCC 3.3
updater.  Whenever I enter the "make check" command I get an error message:

Scene File Parser Initialization Error: Reading from
'/povray-3.6.1/scenes/advan
ced/biscuit.pov' is not permitted.  Check the configuration in
 '/usr/local/etc/povray/3.6/povray.conf'.

I checked this "povray.conf" file but I don't know what to change and I am
not sure that it is actually the problem.  I also checked the permissions
for the "biscuit.pov" script and found it was set to let anyone read it.  I
have also tried doing everything logged in as root but it doesn't change
the "make check" results.

Anyway,  I appreciate any advice and guidance in this process.
thanks,
Chris