POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Pre/Post scene commands in OSX : Pre/Post scene commands in OSX Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:00:44 EDT (-0400)
  Pre/Post scene commands in OSX
From: chris morgan
Date: 4 Dec 2004 16:15:00
Message: <web.41b2288184e29a8d70217cea0@news.povray.org>
I am trying to use the Pre/Post Scene Commands in an INI file but I can't
get them to work.  Do they work in OS X or am I doing something wrong?  Any
advice would be greatly appreciated.  I am attempting to shell out to the
OS to create a file before the rendering begins and overwrite it after it
finishes.

Pre_Scene_Command=printf "working" > ../../povProj/status2.txt
Post_Scene_Command=printf "done" > ../../povProj/status2.txt

I don't know a lot of UNIX but these lines do work when pasted into the
terminal.  I apologize if this has been asked before.   I am new to the
list (just signed up) and I couldn't find any past references to it.

chris