POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : glass horse : Re: glass horse Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: glass horse
From: vincent simar
Date: 2 Dec 2004 07:35:00
Message: <web.41af0bc179c294a52f756b7c0@news.povray.org>
"Mick Hazelgrove" <mic### [at] mhazelgrovefsnetcouk> wrote:

> Personally I think Silo is the best thing since sliced
> bread - far better in many ways than wings and going places.

One of the new features of SILO that impressed me, is their Topology Bbush.

Il allows you to draw lines on the top of an existing model, and the
intersections of the lines are used to create a new mesh.

You can than, easily create a lower resolution mesh from an existing high
resoltution mesh, draw directly cloths on a models, rework a part of a mesh.

Here is some more complete information

http://www.nevercenter.com/index.php/Topology%20Brush

And finally, 2 videos to show in a clearer way the utility of this tool

http://www.silo3d.com/Downloads/Videos/topo_eye.mov

http://www.silo3d.com/Downloads/Videos/topo_head_lo.mov

It' s a very nice tool !

Vincent