POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A shot in the dark : Re: A shot in the dark Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A shot in the dark
From: Carl
Date: 29 Nov 2004 11:50:00
Message: <web.41ab523a6df40f10a54c62600@news.povray.org>
Florian Brucker <tor### [at] torfboldcom> wrote:
> None of the medias does emit light light a light_source. Emissive media
> "emits" light when you use radiosity (with "media on" specified in the
> radiosity block). This does not work with scattering media IMHO. If you
> want to fake that effect, I suggest trying some point lights with fading
> or some spotlights.

Thanks.  I was working on a test render with radiosity just now and I had
forgotten to add the "media on" line.

Am I to assume scattering media lit with a real light_source still won't
work with radiosity even when "media on" is used?  I'm about to find out.
If needed I'll go back and add some emissive media too.

Carl