POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : 3.6.1 won't compile for me on OSX : 3.6.1 won't compile for me on OSX Server Time
1 Jul 2024 00:56:14 EDT (-0400)
  3.6.1 won't compile for me on OSX
From: Miguel
Date: 22 Nov 2004 15:05:01
Message: <web.41a2452e3a58523fecfae2860@news.povray.org>
I originally posted this to the macintosh forum but was told to post here in
unix-land ...

I would like to run povray from the command line on OSX. I installed the
Macintosh  version of povray, but it apparently does not include
command-line access.

I downloaded the 3.6.1 sources.

I ran:

../configure COMPILED_BY="Miguel <mig### [at] jmolorg>"

And got:
[snip]
checking for g++... g++
checking for C++ compiler default output... configure: error: C++ compiler
cannot create executables
See 'config.log' for more details.

config.log shows many environment settings ... not sure which ones you want.
The last line is

configure: exit 77

My OSX version is 10.3.3 with *no* updates.

Thorsten (mac### [at] povrayorg) says that the unix version is known to
compile on OSX.

Q: What other data can I provide?

Thanks,
Miguel