POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why are some of the images I make so pixelated? : Why are some of the images I make so pixelated? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Why are some of the images I make so pixelated?
From: ShiJie
Date: 6 Nov 2004 17:20:01
Message: <web.418d4d2cf132613a174727610@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Here I tried to make a bamboo.. using a hyperboloid_Y scaled to some value
(I am using PovRay 3.5). But I am not sure why it looks so pixelated. I
never tried to change the ini files of Pov and I thought I should probably
be doing it. But when I see scenes made by some example files they are
always smooth (most of them though are not scaled when they are encoded).
Is the scaling of an object affecting the pixelation/resolution of an
output image? I tried even changing the output resolution (something in 2
to 3 Mpixel .. but its just the same!).

I will put the code in another post to this thread (Its a nice code :)).

Sincerely,
Jose Capco

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: