POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Competition status : Re: Competition status Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:29:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition status
From: j
Date: 6 Nov 2004 13:50:01
Message: <web.418d1c60b45fa19e3395a5e60@news.povray.org>
While "The aim of POVCOMP 2004 is to show the full potential of POV-Ray", I
am disappointed that objects made in Povray are treated equally as objects
made with modellers on the assumptions that people will spend too much time
on modelling (thus neglecting other things) and models made in Povray won't
be good enough.  I don't object the use of modellers but this is not fair
to the contestants who will be able to deliver, on time, pov models that
are comparable to ones made with modeller. I don't see the point in
continuing as this a complete waste of my effort, I can better spend my
time on other more important matters.