POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Twin Girls with a Pearl Earring : Re: The Twin Girls with a Pearl Earring Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Twin Girls with a Pearl Earring
From: Rene Bui
Date: 5 Nov 2004 08:40:01
Message: <web.418b81eaa1b93fc4acdee7450@news.povray.org>
> The Twin Girls with a Pearl Earring
> after Vermeer (1658 ?)

Thanks all,
>Just above the lip looks a little funny to me
>Looks a little funny around the lower philtrum area
Well, I think that I have some work yet. 3d modelling is like a deep hole, a
story never ending. ;-)

>How did you get the cloth to shape so well?
>but one think really rocks me, and stays with me is the fall of the drapery
Free hand and intuition that's what I like because that remind me when I was
an Art school student learning sculpture.
But there is no doubt, everything stays perfectible.

>I'd lose the earring though. It doesn't do justice to the original. But, maybe that
just me being Dutch.
For me, the earring is one of the most important things in this painting. It
certainly brings the depth in a flat image.
Well, work, work, work...

>BTW did you render both girls or mirrored the image?
Mirrored the image.

In fact, this image is a little part of an ambitious project I started
recently.
Briefly, my goal is a kind of re-interpretation of some famous artworks
(about 10 ) I loved when I was twenty. A sort of personnal Pantheon of a
young man.
In this one, I played with the sense of confusion between digital art,
photorealism and painting. I tried also to reproduce the fascination for a
charismatic figure. A sensation that I had when I saw this painting for the
first time.
The concept of twin girls came later. Because my idea was to magnify the
fascination and/or rejection feeling that we have all  about the *copy* (a
propos du double) which is always hypnotic.

Rene
(the old newbie)
PS: Sorry for my poor English, but it is not my native language and is not
the best way for me to explain what I mean.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'twingirls_clothes_wingscage.jpg' (201 KB)

Preview of image 'twingirls_clothes_wingscage.jpg'
twingirls_clothes_wingscage.jpg