POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Happy Halloween : Re: Happy Halloween Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happy Halloween
From: author
Date: 1 Nov 2004 07:20:00
Message: <web.418628aaf437bf9e5a9431fb0@news.povray.org>
"Ghost_Dog" <gho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> "author" <ral### [at] abookscom> wrote:
> > Yes, we all thought Halloween just a joke, until the fleet of orange ships
> > came and hordes of PumpkinBeings beamed down and ate all our candy!
> >
> > Happy Halloween!
> >
> > --Ralph
>

> Fantastic! I really like the people and the trees!
> If this is going to offend you, then sorry, but I was wondering if you could
> post the source for the trees and the people (or at least a few hints on
> how to do them). it would be fantastic if I could render some people and
> some REALLY organic looking trees (I'm not doing too well at getting them
> myself.
> Thanks!!

Hi ghost_dog! No, I don't mind passing along the source and have attached
it. But this effort is nothing really special... the people use Blobman,
the trees are from TOMTREE.inc (OLIVE.inc), and the city is from city.inc
.... all stuff that has been around a long time for the Pov Ray community.
.... the only weird thing about any of this is the result after being
filtered through my warped sense of imagination. ;-)

How do you learn Pov Ray (and I am still very much in a learning process)?
Glom onto all the includes, macros, and so forth you can find. Create stuff
with them. I learns by doing.

Am I getting better? Well, the IRTC is not banging on my door yet, but I'm
having fun.

Best,

--Ralph

Post a reply to this message