POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : network tracing? : network tracing? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 00:35:50 EDT (-0400)
  network tracing?
From: Jules
Date: 28 Oct 2004 11:05:00
Message: <web.418109ca3191e9087fa97f490@news.povray.org>
Out of interest, does povray support network rendering? (i.e. several
machines on a LAN contributing to the same traced image)

I just had a flick through the docs and couldn't see anything, but was under
the impression (from the last time I used povray about 3 years ago) that it
did.

I work for a computer museum, and figured that machine(s) doing some
raytracing might make a nice exhibit. Of course we've got a *lot* of
hardware, but all our suitable Unix machines aren't particularly quick in
terms of raw CPU power. Coupled together though...

cheers

Jules