POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Competition status : Re: Competition status Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:07:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition status
From: Emperor Pygosceles
Date: 27 Oct 2004 14:40:00
Message: <web.417feaf8b45fa19e7d21ba300@news.povray.org>
Well, I guess I really can't say whether this extension is a good thing or a
bad thing.  I had dropped out of this competition when I was almost
finished with a *not very refined* entry due to time constraints.  Since
the closure of the contest, I have been able to dedicate more of my effort
to other demanding (and exceptionally gluttonous) time-devouring subjects.
Now that it has reopened, I will have to finish my work and submit it.
This will hog a lot more of my already scarce commodity (time), but I think
it will be rather more rewarding than most of my mandated pursuits (aka
school :p).  I really don't care where I stand or will stand as far as
comparative quality, I just want to be able to satisfy my own imagination
(it's finicky, that's for sure!)
Let's oil those engines and get back in the race!
Don't worry about getting frustrated; If worst comes to worst, come and join
me in Antarctica, I'll have the Penguins put on some more hot chocolate.

Good luck one and all (not just to the entrants, I mean everybody)!