POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Competition status : Re: Competition status Server Time
29 Jun 2024 02:31:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition status
From: jute
Date: 27 Oct 2004 05:25:01
Message: <web.417f68ccb45fa19e67c1c3ff0@news.povray.org>
"m1j" <mik### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I do however believe more respect to those that did make the deadline should
> be shown.

How do you know if the organizer's haven't prepared some kind of
consolidation already?  It's just that practically nothing can be done at
this point, the competition continues.  Do you think it would be fair if
some authors or works was put on the pedestal at this point?

It's life.  It's not supposed to be predictable or set in stone.  Just try
to learn to adjust.

> with writing povray and I agree but now when we push and work to produce
> with in the given required timeline we get blasted for not producing well
> enough.

The organizer's have taken all the responsibility and blame.  The images
were good for a three-month competition, but the organizer's realized that
what they really were after were the kind of results that could be expected
after 6 months of amateur work.  I don't see why you would feel a need to
take any of this so personally, unless it's a general problem with personal
insecurity.  D'oh.

> I am sure everyone has learned something from this.

Seems to me that not everyone, not yet.

> But, this is not the normal way to handle these problems in normal
> competition.

Oh but doesn't that just fit?  The normal way to handle a box in a 3D
software would be to click on a button.  :)

> Like I said before; there could be legal issues that could change things.
> If anyone has access to legal advice I would encourage some counseling.

Now *that's* the adult way of coping with the world.  Just sue 'em.

--
jussi.kantola