POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Competition status : Re: Competition status Server Time
26 Jun 2024 09:06:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition status
From: m1j
Date: 26 Oct 2004 19:55:00
Message: <web.417ee390b45fa19ef7635e200@news.povray.org>
emkaah <emkaah@yahoodotcom> wrote:
> m1j wrote:
> > the improvements for later and go again with the improvements. If the
> > companies that donated the prizes expected this competition to be perfect
> > then perhaps new sponsors are needed anyway.
> Dumbo.
>
> > legal issues that could change things. If anyone has access to legal advice
> > I would encourage some counseling.
> >
> Suggesting to sue a bunch of VOLUNTEERS working hard to make an OPEN
> competition for a FREEWARE product a success, isn't mine style. And
> neither should be yours.
>
> -Em

There is no suggesting in my post. I was just stating a warning. We could
all go blindly forward thinking no one here would do something like this
but with $14,000 in prize money there could be someone now or after the
finals are posted in Feb. that after losing decides they where not dealt
properly. The rules are conditions to a contract that was ratified by each
of us submitting an entry. To change the rules now with out first including
all those involved is a breach of contract. With such a team of volunteers
it would be a very easy win for anyone who lacking in integrity would spend
the money to file a suit. The Pov team would have no funds to fight and
would be force to agree to a settlement. That would be a very bad deal for
all of us. I am just worried. I am not sure if this issue was considered in
the decision.